At this year’s Global Press Conference (GPC) in New York, Acer introduces new products from its successful gaming brand Predator. The new Predator Orion 5000 is a mid-tower for hardcore gamers equipped with the latest Z390 chipset from Intel, an Intel® Core™ 9th generation i9-9900K processor and NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 2080-GPU. In addition, Acer launches a giant 43-inch monitor and expands its growing range of Predator peripherals.
The New Predator Orion 5000: Ideal for High Performance Players
The new Predator Orion 5000 (PO5-605S) uses the latest 9th generation processor from Intel® with overclockable 8-core CPU (with Z390 chipset) and supports dual-channel DDR4 RAM up to 64GB to deliver a premium gaming experience. The revolutionary NVIDIA® Turing™ architecture of NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 2080 GPU combines real-time ray tracing, artificial intelligence, and programmable shading to deliver a visually stunning gaming experience. The high-performance CPU is protected from overheating by a Cooler Master® CPU water cooling. Strategically placed supply and exhaust fans with Ice Tunnel 2.0 technology as well as a wrapped power supply with its own removable dust filter ensure that every component inside the Orion stays cool even during long gaming sessions.
Slim Housing with RGB Illumination
The housing of the powerful gaming tower has been reduced to only 30 litres, but still delivers plenty of power. The transparent side wall offers a clear view of the impressive interior of the Orion and protects it from electromagnetic radiation with the integrated metal mesh just like the rest of the housing. With 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet, the Predator Orion 5000 is also extremely quickly connected and gets the maximum out of the Internet line when it comes to milliseconds in the middle of a battle.
The up to 1 TB large integrated SSD offers plenty of space for games, videos and pictures. The Easy Swap expansion slot supports 2.5-inchSATA I/II/III SSD and HDD drives with transfer speeds of up to 6 gigabits/second to quickly and easily move or transfer data without additional tools or reboots. Ideal for gamers who want to exchange data, relocate systems or take their SSD with them on the road.
The integrated RGB housing lighting allows the player to choose exactly the pattern that matches his style or favorite game. The light bars and housing fans in the robust case can reproduce up to 16.7 million colours. With the Lighting Maker, a function of the Predator Sense App, the lighting can also be tuned to the respective music.
Predator 43-inch LFGD Gaming Monitor
The new Predator 4K-LFGD (Large Format Gaming Display) CG437KP with a gigantic screen diagonal of 109.2 cm (43 inches) was developed for hardcore PC and console gamers who want to gamble in UHD resolution (3840 x 2160). The fast 144 Hz refresh rate and Adaptive Sync ensure smooth and jerk-free playback so you can quickly follow objects buzzing across the screen. The VA display with 90 percent coverage of the wide DCI-P3 colour space captivates with vibrant colours and deep black tones. It complies with the VESA DisplayHDR™ 1000 standard and lets gamers experience AAA games and movies in impressive HDR.
Hardcore PC gamers and console players will also appreciate the three HDMI ports, USB Type C and DisplayPort of the Predator CG437KP. The LFGD monitor also features energy-saving technologies. A sensor detects the lighting conditions in the room and automatically adjusts the brightness of the display. A proximity sensor in turn monitors the movement in front of the monitor and automatically switches between standby mode and sleep mode depending on whether it detects something. The remote control included in the scope of delivery enables convenient use even from the sofa.
New Predator Gadgets for a Great Gaming Experience
Acer expands its Predator family and adds the following new gaming gadgets to its portfolio:
- Predator M-Utility Backpack: designed for gamers, streamers and photographers with easy access to the 17-inch laptop compartment via the up to 180-degree opening, a variety of pockets and tripod mount, integrated luggage strap for travel, adjustable straps and air mesh back padding.
- Predator gaming mouse Cestus 330: equipped with the new reliable Pixart 3335 sensor, which offers responsive tracking and highest accuracy for competitive gaming, 16,000 DPI with seven programmable buttons, On-the-FlyDPI switching (five levels) and RGB backlight with 16.8 million colors. For even more accuracy and precision, the settings can be individually adjusted with the Predator Quartermaster.
- Predator gaming keyboard Aethon 300: With Cherry switches (MX Blue), blue backlight and anti-ghosting on all keys.
- Noise Isolating Predator Gaming Headset Galea 311: precisely tuned 50mm microphone drivers with TrueHarmony from Acer, a convertible hard key microphone, comfortable foam ear cushions and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Prices & Availability
The desktops of the Predator Orion 5000 series are expected to be available from June at recommended retail prices starting at 1,499 Euro.
The gaming monitor Predator CG437KP is expected to be available from Q4 onwards at a recommended retail price of 1,499 Euro.
The new Predator Gadgets are expected to be available in July at the following recommended retail prices:
- Predator M-Utility Backpack: 149.90 EUR
- Predator gaming mouse Cestus 330: 69.90 EUR
- Predator gaming keyboard Aethon 300: 119.90 EUR
- Predator Gaming Headset Galea 311: 59.90 EUR