Nowadays, headsets are an integral part of every desk. In the office they are used for meetings, conferences, calls and music so that noises from outside do not disturb or distract. It is also more practical than any telephone, as your hands remain free and you can also write down the most important information. But especially on the tables of gamblers of all ages there is at least one headset. It’s the best way to transmit the soundscape and help you get the most out of your gaming experience. What good is the most beautiful music, composed by the London Symphony Orchestra or the coolest dubbing actors, when they are transmitted over loudspeakers? Nothing at all. But the microphone is at least as important – streamers communicate with their community and multiplayer gaming can’t be imagined without them anyway. By the way, this doesn’t just apply to the computer: gaming headsets are also a welcome companion on the console.
The most important information quickly summarized:
- There is no such thing as “The best gaming headset”, – each model has specifications that are usable for different needs.
- A gaming headset is more practical and modern than individual devices.
- It makes a difference whether you want to call with a headset or use it to gamble. Both areas of life have different demands on the headphones.
- In contrast to headphones, there are only few differences and variations in the microphone. They should be clear, without delay and low noise.
- Analog connections directly access the sound card of the end device.
- Digital connectors are connected via USB and have their own sound mix.
- The surround sound is one of the most important aspects to be considered when purchasing. Various options are available. Surround sound in the ear cups versus imitated surround sound thanks to several small loudspeakers. Where the sound and technology quality is somewhat worse, one can guess.
- 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound is a further development of 5.1 and often only a little more expensive – the additional investment of a few Euros is worth it, but with a tight budget 5.1 is quite sufficient.
- If you really want to deal with the technical aspects, you can also take a look at the impedance, the nominal value and the frequency response of the models.
- In contrast to open variants, closed models do not permit any external noises or emit them to the outside. A more open sound, on the other hand, results in open auricles.
- The choice between a wide ear and a supine headset is critical to the right fit and comfort.
- The material is a decisive factor for wearing comfort. The higher the quality of the material, the more fun it will be on long gaming nights.
- Gaming headsets without cables are the dream of every gambler – but they also have disadvantages such as weight and battery life.
- Find out what kind of gamer you are and what games you mainly play – that can be a crucial fact in your choice.
- Pick a headset that looks good on you too. If you don’t find it visually appealing, you will get a new one after a short time anyway.