The Blue Microphones Raspberry is a small USB microphone with which Blue is primarily aimed at podcasters and YouTuber who want to make high-quality recordings while on the go at trade fairs or similar events. With the Blue Yeti (to test) this is also possible, but the size is impracticable. With the Raspberry, Blue offers a really small, portable microphone that can be easily carried along.
Especially cool is that it can be used not only on Windows or MacOS PC, but also on iPhone, iPad or iPod via Lightning cable. Unfortunately Android is not officially supported, but Blue Raspberry also works with some smartphones. The connection must then simply be made via USB-OTG.
The Blue Raspberry was able to convince me of its quality, but I still discovered a few defects. If you are willing to spend more than 200 Euro on a microphone, you should read on now.
Scope of Delivery
The scope of delivery of the Blue Raspberry is extensive. In addition to the microphone, there is also a bag to carry the USB microphone and protect it from scratches. In addition, the connection cables should not be missing. In addition to the USB cable for the PC or Mac, there is also a Lightning cable. Both cables are 1.5 m long.
A microphone stand adapter is also included. This means that the microphone can not only be mounted on camera tripods, but also on real microphone tripods. The stand for placing the Raspberry on the table is already mounted directly on the microphone.
- Power supply: via USB or Lightning connection
- Sonic Transducer: Electret Capacitor, 14mm
- Direct pattern: cardioid (directional)
- Bit depth: 16-bit/24-bit
- Sampling rate: 44.1/48 kHz
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Adjustable gain range: 0 to +40 dB
- Maximum sound pressure level (SPL): 120 dB SPL (THD: 0.5% 1 kHz)
- Stand thread: 1/4-inch diameter, 20 threads per inch (standard camera tripod)
- Microphone tripod adapter: 5/8-27 thread (standard microphone tripod)
- Headphone output: 3.5 mm (1/8 inch)
- Nominal impedance: 32 Ohm
- Microphone only (LxWxH): 39.5 x 50.5 x 123 mm
- Microphone with extended stand (LxWxH): 46.75 x 58.5 x 147.5 mm
- Microphone only: 167.1 g
- Microphone with stand: 272.3 g