Ladies and Gentlemen, we present Corsair‘s latest optical-mechanical flagship: the K100 RGB. The development of RGB-illuminated high-end products continues to advance at the US manufacturer. After Corsair has already presented its first RGB-illuminated power supply series or the Smart Lighting Tower this year, another colorful must-have for gamers follows with the K100 RGB.
The keyboard is the successor of the K95 RGB Platinum, which only got an upgrade for streamers at the beginning of the year with the XT variant. Compared to its two predecessors, the K100 RGB not only got a completely overhauled outfit, but also convinces with numerous new features such as the iCUE steering wheel onboard.
We took a look at what the new keyboard jewel can do and if Corsair delivers what it promises.
The main features
Before we go into detail, let’s briefly summarize the highlights of the K100 RGB. The new gaming keyboard from Corsair has a lot to offer both onboard and from the control software iCUE.
- Stability and longevity through a strong aluminum frame and a memory foam palm rest covered with imitation leather.
- Individually controllable strong backlights per key and a three-sided 44-zone light bar on the sides.
- High customizability in terms of RGB and key assignment.
- Fast polling with 4,000 Hz.
- Rapid input with optical-mechanical key switch.
- Handy iCUE steering wheel for manual backlight configuration, scrolling and more.
- Six dedicated keys that are compatible with the Elgato Stream Deck software.
- 8 MB memory for 200 onboard profiles with user-defined macros, RGB light effects and other settings.
- Dedicated media keys including a Corsair aluminum volume roller.
- USB pass-through port to connect additional peripherals.
|Frame/handrest||aluminum, black (anodized), brushed finish / synthetic leather, memory foam as padding, can be attached magnetically|
|Dimension||470 x 166 x 38 mm|
|Switches||Corsair OPX, optical-mechanical|
|Scanning rate||1,000 Hz and 4,000 Hz|
|Key caps||104/105/108-Key PBT double-shot Set|
|Illumination/number of colors||RGB/16.8 million|
|USB-Pass-Through||1x USB 2.0 Type A|
|Onboard profile memory||8 MB for 200 profiles|
|Dedicated keys||volume roller, 6 hotkeys, 6 G-keys as hotkeys for streaming|
|Special features||iCUE control wheel|
|Compatibility||Windows 10, macOS 10.15+, Xbox One (iCUE & Streamdeck only with Windows and macOS)|
|Package contents||keyboard, 10 additional keys (FPS- & MOBA sets), keycap puller|
Corsair K100 RGB Optisch-Mechanische Gaming-Tastatur (CORSAIR OPX Optical: Blitzschnelle & Linearer, RGB Beleuchtung, Handballenauflage Kunstleder, Integration Elgato Stream Deck, QWERTZ) Schwarz price comparison
Buy now at Amazon
Buy now at Alternate
Buy now at OTTO
By purchasing via the links from our price comparison, you support our editorial work without incurring additional costs. We thank you for your support.