At IFA 2019 in Berlin, AVM presents the first all-in-one router for the 5G sector. The FRITZ! box 6850 5G supports 5G bands in Sub-6-GHz and all common LTE bands in Europe. All users of 5G/LTE will be offered so many options. This includes dual-band WLAN, a telephone system and a wired network. The box has four Gigabit LAN ports and one USB port. The mesh function is available in the WLAN as well as in the Smart Home. The familiar functions such as firewall, parental controls and WLAN guest access are also available.
Since the connection is established via mobile radio antennas, the user is provided with an alignment aid to ensure the best possible connection. The standard allows more than 2 GBit/s with a low latency.
Technical details of the FRITZ 6850 5G
- 5G router with 4 x 4 MIMO with Qualcomm SD X55 chipset
- 5G band support: Sub-6-GHz
- LTE (4G) for volume 1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28, 32
- Supports also UMTS (3G)
- Dualband WLAN AC + N with up to 1,266 Mbit/s
- Two SMA connectors for mounting external antennas
- Four Gigabit LAN ports and 1 USB 3.0 port
- telephone system and DECT base for up to six telephones and smart home applications
- Connection for analog telephone or fax
- FRITZ!OS: with mesh, child safety lock, media server, FRITZ!NAS, WLAN guest access, MyFRITZ! and much more
- available in Q1/2020, price to follow at market launch