Tall people often don’t have it so easy in everyday life. That’s why it’s natural that most people fall back on standard solutions in many situations, even though these are usually not designed for tall people. However, especially when it comes to seating furniture on which you spend a lot of time, you should not cut corners. First of all, it will most likely be uncomfortable, and it can also be detrimental to your health. To make things easier for you, here are a few gaming chairs for tall people.
Get the lay of the land
During an extended gaming session, you may not necessarily notice that your back is hurting, but when the adrenaline wears off, you may feel a twinge here and there. On top of that, you may feel tingling in your hands, accompanied by a headache. All signs that you’ve spent too long in the wrong seat. If that’s not the case yet, you might have these problems later on. If you already have a gaming chair and still have annoying side effects, it may be that it is not suitable for your height. Ever thought about it?
Size is sometimes everything after all
The perfect gaming chair is adjusted to your height. Perhaps it has not occurred to you until now that many manufacturers make specifications about this, or perhaps you simply told yourself that it will fit.
- The bad news: If you are larger than the specified range, unfortunately, this usually does not mean that it will fit.
- The good news: There is certainly a model on the market that is tailored to you.
Why it’s so important that a gaming chair fits you
A good example, before we explain to you why it is so important that a gaming chair should be adequately sized, is perhaps a bed. If you’re too tall and your feet are outside the mattress support area, many tend to angle their legs because otherwise it just becomes uncomfortable to let your feet hang in the long run. That means you lose sleep comfort. Well, and the same can be applied to the sitting position. Beyond that, there are a few points you should pay attention to:
The most important in a nutshell:
- Make sure that the seat depth is long enough that your buttocks and the back of the thigh have enough space on the seat. The rule of thumb here is: There should be about 5 cm of space between the back of the knee and the edge of the seat – but no more.
- Naturally, the sufficient dimension of the backrest also plays an important role. If this is too short, you may subconsciously adopt a cramped posture. In addition, some gaming chairs are equipped with shoulder rests. This further forces the problem.
- Another criterion is the adjustable seat height, so that you can put your legs down quite comfortably.
- In addition, you should also pay attention to the maximum load of the selected model. Without wanting to step on your toes, but usually tall people also weigh a little more.
So if the chair is not suitable for tall people, it may well be that the ergonomic features do not take effect at all and make the sitting posture even worse. On top of that, the stability of the gaming chair may suffer. So you can see that it’s important to choose a suitable candidate.
Of course, these are just a handful of quality criteria that make up a durable and faithful gaming chair. If you’re interested in more, you can check out the post Checklist: Gaming Chair Problems and How to Avoid Them Ahead of Time for more features.
Recommendations: Gaming chairs for tall people
To make your search for a suitable model a little easier, we’ve picked out a few models that we can recommend in good conscience