Harman has introduced some exciting new products in the true-wireless range of its JBL brand. Among them, for example, the JBL Tune Flex with “Sound Fit” technology, the JBL Reflect Aero for athletes or the JBL Quantum TWS as a wireless gaming headset.
JBL Tune Flex in detail
The JBL Tune Flex is the first true wireless headphone to feature JBL’s “Sound Fit” technology. It is designed to allow for a perfect custom fit, providing a personalized sound experience. Thanks to the open “stick-open” design, you can hear what’s going on in your environment.
Additional sealed eartips in three sizes, on the other hand, allow for complete sealing from ambient noise. So whether you want to use the headphones open or closed is up to you. This is also where the name of the TWS in-ear headphones comes from.
The JBL Tune Flex offers six ANC setting modes, so you can always select the appropriate noise cancellation, whether you’re on the go or at home, and whether you’re using open or closed earbuds.
Battery life is up to eight hours and another 23 hours when paired with the charging case. Dual Connect allows either one or both earbuds to be connected. Four microphones are also said to provide clear intelligibility during phone calls. In addition, the Earbuds can be used via voice control with Google Assistant.
Features of the JBL Tune Flex:
- JBL Pure Bass Sound
- Active noise-canceling (2 microphones) with Smart Ambient
- 4 microphones for crystal clear phone calls
- 3 sizes of earbuds
- Up to 8 hours of playback time in the headphones, up to 24 hours in the case (without ANC)
- Fast charging
- Splash protection to IPX4
- JBL Sound Fit, stick-open design or stick-closed design
- Voice control with Google Assistant
- Customizable touch controls via the JBL Headphones app
JBL Reflect Aero: When things get sporty
For a secure fit, even during intense workouts, check out the new JBL Reflect Aero. The wireless in-ear delivers personalized sound, perfectly suited to any lifestyle – whether on the go or in the gym. Dynamic 6.8mm drivers are said to deliver rich, full sound with “JBL’s signature sound.” Adjustable POWERFIN ear tips ensure a secure fit and comfort.
Thanks to IP68 certification, the in-ears are also dustproof and waterproof, so you can wear them while swimming. True Adaptive Noise Cancelling reliably blocks out ambient noise, while Smart Ambient technology amplifies it if desired.
The Reflect Aero also offer Dual Connect. In addition, the manufacturer speaks of a battery life of up to 24 hours. The JBL Reflect Aero and ANC can be adjusted to different needs with the JBL Headphones app, and you can also perform a fit test with “Check my Best Fit.”
Voice control is possible here with the help of Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Missing headphones can be easily found again using the “Find my Buds” function via the location and time of last use.
JBL Live PRO 2: Convincing sound thanks to 11-mm driver
The Live series also gets with the JBL Live PRO 2 a new offshoot donated, which wants to convince especially sonically. This is ensured by finely tuned 11 mm drivers in a stick-closed design with oval listening channels, which provide optimized noise-cancelling and improved sound quality.
Thanks to True Adaptive Noise-Cancelling with Smart Ambient, you can adjust the level of background noise to be aware of your surroundings or have conversations. Also offered is IPX5 certification with water and splash protection, as well as an impressive combined battery life of 40 hours (10h for the Earbuds, 30h in the charging box). The Earbuds even charge wirelessly and are ready for four hours of music playback in just 14 minutes.
The Live PRO 2 also wants to convince with phone calls. Here, a whole six microphones are used, which are supposed to isolate ambient and wind noise and provide excellent call quality.
Features of the JBL Live PRO 2:
- JBL Signature Sound from 11mm drivers
- Up to 40 hours of playback time (10 hours in earbuds, 30 hours in charging box)
- True Adaptive Noise-Cancelling with Smart Ambient
- 6 microphones with noise and wind isolation technology
- Dual Connect + Sync with Google Fast Pair
- Wireless voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- All Access Touch Control or use via dedicated JBL headphone app
- IPX 5 rating (waterproof and sweatproof)
- Fast charge 15min = 4 hours
- Qi compatible charging
JBL Quantum TWS: in-ear headphones for gaming
The Quantum range for gamers is also being joined by an in-ear model in the form of the JBL Quantum TWS, following the recent launch of the Quantum 810 and Quantum 610 variant. Thanks to JBL QuantumSURROUND, the earbuds are even said to offer a spatial surround sound experience. True Adaptive Noise-Cancelling and Ambient Aware features also come into play.
The included USB-C dongle offers extensive connectivity and wide-ranging compatibility, as well as a stable, low-latency connection for PC, Mac, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, as well as supported mobile devices. The JBL Quantum TWS also supports two devices simultaneously. So you can connect smartphone via Bluetooth and console using USB-C dongle at the same time.
Together with Blizzard, JBL has developed a special Battle Mode Equalizer, which is said to be tailored to the new game Diablo Immortal and can be activated via the JBL Headphones app. The Battle Mode Equalizer will launch in August and will only be available to JBL Quantum TWS players.
Features of the JBL Quantum TWS:
- JBL QuantumSURROUND for the best spatial surround solution for immersive gaming
- True Adaptive Noise-Cancelling with four beamforming microphones and automatic calibration
- Ambient Aware to filter ambient noise according to your preferences
- Six beamforming microphones (three on each earpiece) for crystal clear communication with teammates
- Two-device connectivity via 2.4Ghz USB-C dongle or Bluetooth 5.2 for low-latency connectivity
- 24 hours of battery life – 8 hours with earbuds, 16 additional hours with charging box
- Lightweight, rugged design with IPX4 splash protection
- Multi AI support – simply press a button to talk to your favorite smart assistants when connected to a mobile device
- Compatible with JBL QuantumENGINE PC software and the JBL Headphones app for the ultimate in audio customization
Prices and Availability
The JBL Tune Flex will find its way to retailers in three colors (black, white and blue), as well as a special Ghost edition, starting in August 2022. The manufacturer’s RRP is 99.99 euros.
You can secure the JBL Reflect Aero now in the colors blue, black and white, as well as from August also in the color mint at a RRP of 149.00 euros directly from the manufacturer. The JBL Live PRO 2 is also available now, in blue, black, white and rose. Here, the MSRP is 149.00 euros.
The wireless gaming headphones JBL Quantum TWS start at the same price, which you can also purchase for 149.00 euros directly from JBL.