With the KEF LSX II Wireless HiFi system, the manufacturer launches the second generation of its wireless and compact active speakers. Here they promise a breathtaking sound through the 11th generation of KEF Uni-Q drivers and wireless connectivity with Airplay 2, Chromecast, Bluetooth and WiFi. And it comes in a much more compact size than, say, the new Pioneer DJ speakers.
KEF LSX II: The wireless hi-fi system in detail
With the KEF LSX II, you can expect a powerful and compact pair of speakers that packs a punch. Combined, the speakers manage an impressive output power of 200 watts (100 watts per speaker) and reach a volume of 102 dB (SPL). As with the predecessor, they are composed of a 70-watt woofer and midrange, as well as a 30-watt tweeter.
From a purely technical standpoint, the manufacturer relies, as it did with its predecessor, on a specially developed version of the 11th generation KEF Uni-Q drivers, which are designed to distribute sound evenly throughout the room.
The redesigned Music Integrity Engine has been optimized specifically for the drivers to deliver even greater clarity and tighter, more precise sound. At the same time, the integrated DAC (digital-to-analog converter) copes with all common music services and important audio formats. Among them DSD, MQA and PCM with a quality of up to 24 bit/384 kHz.
High-fidelity audio without cables
The manufacturer promises in the announcement of the KEF LSX II true high-fidelity audio for living room, office or studio. For this, the new KEF W2 streaming platform is used, which one combines with comprehensive connectivity, the KEF Connect app and extensive streaming capabilities.
For example, the LSX II system offers multi-room connectivity with additional wireless speakers via Airplay 2, Chromecast or Roon, and also enables wireless streaming via Bluetooth or WLAN.
The latest KEF Connect app gives you instant control of the speakers with your smartphone or tablet, letting you customize the sound to suit personal preferences. In addition, the speakers offer further connectivity options via USB-C, HDMI eARC, analog input and an additional subwoofer output. HDMI CEC is also supported, allowing you to adjust the volume directly via the smart TV’s remote control when connected to a TV.
Design and colors of the LSX II
Michael Young is responsible for the design of the LSX II. A British industrial designer based in Hong Kong. He founded the Michael Young Studio in the United Kingdom in 1992 with the aim of providing exclusive, high-quality design services for a diverse range of markets including transportation, interior design and technology.
Here, KEF once again focuses on a minimalist look along with an optimized cabinet design that is said to have an additional positive impact on acoustics. The LSX II is available in five different finishes.
The Mineral White and Lava Red models are coated in matte satin and high-gloss lacquer, respectively, while Carbon Black and Cobalt Blue are covered in a specially designed fabric by Danish textile designer Kvadrat. There is also a special Soundwave by Terence Conran edition, in which the “Soundwave” pattern is woven into the unique Kvadrat fabric.
- Read more: Sony unveils three new Bluetooth speakers
KEF LSX II features at a glance
- Wireless streaming with Airplay 2, Chromecast, Bluetooth, and WiFi
- Plays all major music services and supports all major audio formats
- DSD, MQA and PCM compatible up to 24-bit/384 kHz
- Comprehensive connectivity for your TV, laptop and other devices: USB-C, HDMI-ARC, analog input, subwoofer output
- 11th-generation Uni-Q driver array for precise, pristine sound
- Music Integrity Engine for rich, powerful sound
- System power: TT/MT 70 W Class D, HT 30 W Class D, Max. SPL: 102 dB
- Intuitive onboarding with user-friendly features
- Personalized listening experience via the KEF Connect app
- Design by Michael Young
- Optimized enclosure design for best acoustic performance
- Thread inserts for attachment to accessories such as P1 table stand, S1 stand and B1 wall mount
- Available in 5 finishes: Carbon Black (Black), Mineral White (White), Cobalt Blue (Blue), Lava Red (Red) and Soundwave by Terence Conran Edition
Prices and Availability
The quality offered, however, comes at a price in the KEF LSX II. Thus, the pair of speakers hits with an MSRP of 1,199 British pounds (equivalent to about 1,409 euros). The speakers will be released on June 23, 2022, at the latest when the Euro prices will also be provided. The predecessor KEF LSX is currently available for 949.00 Euros at Amazon.