QNAP Systems has introduced the QNAP TS-x62 series, a new line of multimedia NAS servers consisting of the 2-bay TS-262 solution and the 4-bay TS-462 model.
QNAP TS-x62 series in detail
The features of the QNAP TS-x62 series sound impressive. Both the 2-bay and 4-bay solutions are powered by Intel Celeron dual-core processors and feature a 2.5GbE port and two M.2 PCIe slots for SSD caching, which enables faster transfer speeds and faster data access for optimizing various storage applications.
A PCIe Gen 3 slot also allows NAS capabilities to be expanded with a range of corresponding PCIe cards. Multimedia data can thus be streamed and viewed via HDMI 2.0 output on appropriate devices such as TVs or monitors.
“The TS-x62 series with Intel Celeron N4505 processor represents QNAP’s commitment to providing advanced performance and functionality for home users. For example, thanks to the integrated Intel OpenVINO AI engine, the photo management solution enables faster image identification and organization than previous models,” said Meiji Chang, general manager of QNAP.
New operating system directly on board
By default, the QNAP TS-x62 series ships directly with the latest QTE operating system, QTS 5.0, which brings a host of improvements and promises a faster and easier user experience.
Added to this is QuMagie, an intelligent, AI-powered photo management program. . QTS 5.0 also supports TLS 1.3 to improve security and performance with automatic QTS and app updates and ensure optimal operating conditions for the NAS.
Streaming of multimedia files is possible via Plex and that on mobile devices or via Roku, AppleTV, Google Chromecast or Amazon Fire TV.
- More from the manufacturer: QNAP TS-253E and TS-453E: New 2-bay and 4-bay desktop NAS with Intel Celeron J6412
The technical data at a glance
- TS-262-2G: 2 drive bays, 2 GB memory (1 x 2 GB)
- TS-462-2G: 4 drive bays, 2 GB memory (1 x 2 GB) tower model
- Intel Celeron N4505 dual-core, turbo up to 2.9 GHz, dual-channel DDR4 SODIMM memory slots for up to 16 GB
- Hot-swappable 2.5-inch/3.5-inch SATA 6 Gbps hard drives or SSDs
- 2 x M.2 2280 PCIe Gen 3 slots
- 1 x 2.5 GBASE-T RJ45 port
- 1 x PCIe Gen 3 expansion slot
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) ports, 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 1 x HDMI 2.0 4K@60Hz output
You can find more details about the QNAP TS-262 and the 4-bay TS-462 model directly on the manufacturer’s website.