Schrader is considered the world’s leading manufacturer of tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) for automobiles, commercial vehicles and motorcycles. With the Schrader AIRsistant, they now have an innovation in the bag and present the first Bluetooth TPMS for bikes and e-bikes. Handy if you want to secure, for example, the new E-MTB at Aldi.
Schrader AIRsistant measures tire pressure via Bluetooth
Tire pressure monitoring systems are now considered standard on all cars and light trucks sold in the US, EU and China. In July, thanks to the new Schrader AIRsistant system, this should also be the case for bicycles and e-bikes.
Via Bluetooth Low Energy, the system checks the pressure and temperature of bicycle tires and enables safe cycling on trekking, city and racing bikes as well as on mountain, cargo or e-bikes.
The sensors are said to be particularly lightweight and durable, and are attached to the tire valve to monitor pressure and temperature in real time and transmit them to an existing bike display, a compatible bike computer or a smartphone app (iOS or Android). The sensors are also compatible with a wide range of Garmin devices, the manufacturer promises.
Real-time tire pressure monitoring
Tire pressure is displayed at the start of the ride and can be easily adjusted using the digital pressure measurement function. When inflating with a simple air pump, pressure changes are immediately shown on the display or app in real time.
This not only has advantages for the longevity of the tires, but also increases riding comfort, extends the range of the battery and improves the handling of the bikes and e-bikes. If the current tire pressure deviates from the optimal pressure values, you will be informed immediately.
Timely indication of punctures or escapes of air allow a safe ride and extend the life of bicycle tires and rims.
Features of Schrader AIRsistant
- Small sensor dimensions: 37 x 26 x 20.5 mm
- Lightweight sensor: 21 g
- High pressure measurement accuracy of +/-1% and resolution of 0.01 bar/ 0.1 psi
- Temperature measurement accuracy of +/-3°C and resolution of 1°C
- Maximum pressure: 8.3 bar (120 psi)
- Communication: Bluetooth Low Energy 4.2+
- Widely compatible with suitable bike displays and bike computers or the mobile APP (IOS or Android): personalized tire pressure recommendation possible tuned to body weight and area of use (terrain, riding style)
- Easy installation
- Compatible with Sclaverand (SV) and Schrader valve (AV)
- Compatible with tube and tubeless systems
- Maintenance-free and sealed system: IP67 waterproof and dustproof, lifetime battery
- Theft protection: sensor works only with systems developed by Schrader or authorized partners
Price and availability
Concrete details on the price and availability of the Schrader AIRsistant Bluetooth-RDKS system, the manufacturer did not mention yet. For more information, visit Schrader’s official website.