Amazon Appstore Preview has high system requirements
Microsoft’s announcement that it will soon be possible to run Android apps on Windows 11 hit like a real bomb. And that in a positive sense. Now, US users can already take a look at the “Amazon Appstore Preview”. The Redmond company has released build 22000. After a download full of euphoria, however, some might be put off if they take a look at the system requirements of the App Store for Windows. After all, this demands quite a bit from the PC.
Suitable only for powerful PCs
Windows fans in the US will definitely have been pleased to hear that the Amazon Appstore Preview is now available for download as a beta for “normal” users in their climes. However, those who are interested in the app library should be aware of surprisingly high system requirements. The PC should have the following minimum specs:
- AMD Ryzen 3000, Intel Core i3-8000 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c
- At least 8GB of RAM (16GB is recommended)
- Fast SSD
- Windows 11 version 22000.x
- 1.2 GB subsystem for AndroidOS
Microsoft provides installation tips
To get an Android app running on the Windows system, you need to have a special subsystem ready for the apps and AndroidOS. This comprises 1.2 GB. Microsoft has thankfully published everything else about the Amazon Appstore Preview in its Insider Blog:
To get started:
– Your PC needs to be on Windows 11 (Build 22000.xxx series builds) and meet these hardware requirements.
– You may need to enable virtualization for your PC’s BIOS/UEFI. Click here for a guide on how to enable this on your PC.
– Your PCs’ region must be set to the U.S.
– Your PC must be in the Beta Channel. If you are new to the Windows Insider Program, click here to get started with registration and joining your PC to the Beta Channel.
-You will also need to have a U.S.-based Amazon account to use the Amazon Appstore.
Only placeholders in German Windows 11 so far
If you now exuberantly go to your Microsoft Store and search for the build of the Amazon Appstore Preview, you may find it, but unfortunately you can’t really use it yet. However, the empty words should soon be filled with corresponding content in our climes as well. To be more precise, it should be in February. Then we can also take a first look at the possibility of Android apps on a Windows computer.