Those who use a Smart Lock 3.0, Keypad or Bridge from Nuki can now update the firmware. A new Nuki security update is now available for download. How to install it, we tell you here.
Nuki security update June 2022
Nuki Smart Lock, Opener, Bridge, Keypad and many more will receive a new Nuki security update with immediate effect. With this, the manufacturer wants to ensure that its in-house products always meet the highest standards. The recommendation of the updates is strongly recommended, but which changes the 2022.6 update contains is not yet known.
Which Nuki products will get the update?
Specifically, in the overview of updates, the manufacturer talks about a new version for the following products and version numbers:
- Nuki Smart Lock 3.0 and 3.0 Pro: 3.3.5
- Nuki Smart Lock 2.0: 2.12.4
- Nuki Opener: 1.8.1
- Nuki Bridge (1.0): 1.22.0
- Nuki Bridge (2.0): 2.13.2
- Nuki Keypad: 1.9.2
- Nuki Fob: 1.8.1
How do you update the devices and apply the Nuki security updates?
The update on Smart Lock and Opener is done in a few steps:
- Make sure your smartphone is within Bluetooth range of the devices.
- You will need the admin pin of the smart lock. If you do not have it, contact the owner
- Go to the “Settings” and click on the “Firmware Update” menu item under “Administration”.
- Tip: If you use your smart lock and/or opener with a bridge, you should enable auto-update on your smartphone. This will automatically install updates in the future.
This is the procedure for keypad and fob:
- It is important that you have direct access to the device.
- Go to the menu under “Manage my devices” and select the device type.
- Then click on “Manage Device” and connect the device as described in the app.
- Now you can install the latest firmware directly.
Initiating Nuki security update of the bridge
To initiate a simple update of the bridge, you have two options. It is mandatory that the bridge is connected to the internet for the update.
Just unplug the bridge and plug it in again after a few seconds. This will initiate the software update. Now leave the bridge connected to the network for at least four hours. This will allow the new firmware to download and install completely.
Alternatively, you can force the update by calling the following command in the browser from an end device that is in the same WLAN as your bridge:
IMPORTANT: XXXXXX is replaced by the token of your bridge and IP by the IP address of your bridge.
Token and IP address can be found in the main menu of the Nuki app in the upper left corner of the Manage Devices menu, in the Bridge submenu. To do this, put the bridge into maintenance mode, how to do this is described in the instructions.
Then tap on the bridge icon on the bridge management screen and enable HTTP API on the following screen. This will give you information about IP address, port and token. After reading, exit the bridge management by confirming in the upper right corner, which will restart the bridge. After you have given the command, the bridge’s LED will start to glow continuously. Once the LED goes out, the update is complete.