The Razer Viper was already the company’s leading gaming mouse, with a lightweight, ambidextrous design, optical switches and a solid 16,000 DPI sensor. Yesterday, Razer announced the Viper Ultimate. They call it the company’s fastest wireless gaming mouse designed for Esport, making it its successor. The device offers some interesting features and is part of the Viper family. Devices in this series are particularly light and designed for competitive competition.
In its new wireless model variant, the Viper Ultimate weighs in at just 74 grams. Professional PC players praise the Viper Ultimate for its fast performance, lightweight design and longer battery life compared to previous wireless Razer mice.
Faster thanks to HyperSpeed technology
When moving to a wireless model, Razer implemented two new technologies to reduce latency to a minimum and improve tracking. They are called Hyperspeed and Focus+. Hyperspeed is the name Razer gave to its wireless transmission technology, which is said to be 25 percent faster than the competition.
Another advantage of the technology is the reduced power consumption, which guarantees a longer battery life for up to 70 hours of gaming fun. One recharge per month is enough to play an average of two hours a day every day. However, the RGB lighting must be switched off.
The Razer Viper Ultimate also features a brand new sensor called Focus+, with 20,000 DPI and some associated intelligent features. For example, Smart Tracking allows automatic calibration between different mouse surfaces, such as a soft or hard mouse pad.
With the so-called asymmetric lift-off function, users can adjust the mouse lift-off distances and motion sync additionally ensures that information is sent from the sensor to the PC at exact intervals. The result is better sensor response and improved tracking. This ensures that the exact mouse position is always sent to the PC.
The acclaimed Razer Optical Switches of the Viper Ultimate Mouse rely on non-physical contacts to send electrical signals to the PC. So there is no delay anymore and no wrong key clicks are triggered.
Gaming mouse tested by e-sportsmen
The Razer Viper Ultimate has already been tested in major competitions by some of the world’s best athletes. CS:GO legend Epitácio “TACO” de Melo of Team MIBR was allowed to use the wireless prototype in tournaments this year. His conclusion is as follows:
“The wireless speed of the mouse is extremely high, it feels very fluid and there is no difference to a wired version when playing. The extremely precise sensor is perfect for fast games like CS:GO.”
The Razer Synapse 3 software allows users to program keys, assign macros or secondary functions and save profiles as usual. This can be done directly on one of the five slots on the Viper Ultimate’s on-board memory, so you can take these settings with you wherever you go.
The Viper Ultimate is also available bundled with the Razer Mouse Dock, which features Razer Chroma RGB with numerous lighting effects. The new standardized docking module was developed for future Razer wireless mice and has a USB A input to use the Viper with the included Speedflex cable.
Properties at a glance
- HyperSpeed wireless technology, including 2.4 GHz dongle
- Real 20,000 DPI Focus+ Optical sensor with 99.6 resolution accuracy
- Up to 650 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G Acceleration
- Progressive Lift-off/Landing Distance Settings
- Eight programmable keys
- Razer Optical Mouse Switches for 70 Million Clicks
- Two handed design with tactile mouse wheel at gaming level
- On-The-Fly sensitivity setting (default: 400/800/1,600/2,400/3,200)
- Hybrid on-board and cloud memory (4+1 profiles)
- Compatible with Razer Synapse 3
- Razer Chroma RGB lighting with 16.8 million color options and synchronization options with other devices
- 1.8 m Speedflex cable for charging and for use in wired mode
- Compatible with Razer Chroma Charging Dock
- Battery life: approx. 70 hours (without lighting), depending on individual user behaviour
- Approximate ferry dimensions: 117 mm (length) x 71 mm (width) x 38 mm (height)
- Assumed weight: 74 g (without cable)
- Compatible with Xbox One for standard inputs
Price & Availability
The bundle Razer Viper Ultimate and the Razer Mouse Dock cost 169,99 Euro (RRP). The gaming mouse alone costs 149,99 Euro (RRP) and the docking station has a price of 59,99 Euro (RRP).