With the new FRITZ!Box 5590 Fiber, AVM has presented the new fiber-optic flagship, which is also supposed to mark the fastest FRITZ!Box ever. It supports all common fiber optic standards (AON, GPON, XGS-PON), WiFi 6 and offers fast Internet with up to 10 Gbit/s.
FRITZ!Box 5590 Fiber: Fiber in the fast lane
The new AVM FRITZ!Box 5590 Fiber is simply connected to the fiber optic socket and is compatible with the connections of all Internet providers such as Deutsche Glasfaser or Deutsche Telekom. As an all-in-one device, it combines the benefits of fast Internet, WLAN, streaming, IP telephony, networking and smart home.
Thanks to WiFi 6 (4 x 4), it achieves speeds of up to 2,400 Mbps in the 5 GHz band and up to 1,200 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band. It gets even faster with a connected cable.
Here, a 2.5 Gigabit WAN/LAN port and four Gigabit LAN ports are available, which enable speeds of up to 10 Gbit/s. Even though only up to 1 Gbit/s is currently possible in the German fiber-optic network, the FRITZ!Box 5590 Fiber is thus equipped for the future.
Everything in one device
Thanks to the modern WiFi 6 standard, significantly more devices can now work simultaneously in the WLAN, while FRITZ!’s mesh technology ensures long-range WLAN. This is joined by a complete telephone system with answering machines and a DECT base for using cordless phones and smart home products.
The FRITZ!Box 5590 Fiber also has two USB 3.0 ports for integrating external storage devices or printers into the network, for example. In addition, the familiar and clear FRITZ!OS user interface is used to make settings on the device or to set the firewall, parental control, remote access/VPN and WLAN guest access.
The highlights of the FRITZ!Box 5590 Fiber at a glance
- For all common fiber connections in Europe: AON, GPON, XGS-PON, via SFP module (Small Form-Factor)
- The FRITZ!Box 5590 Fiber intended for the trade is delivered with one AON and one GPON module
- 4 x 4 Wi-Fi 6 (WLAN AX) with up to 3.6 GBit/s; 5 GHz with up to 2,400 MBit/s and 2.4 GHz with up to 1,200 MBit/s
- One 2.5 Gigabit WAN/LAN port
- Four Gigabit LAN ports
- Two USB 3.0 ports
- DECT base for up to 6 phones and smart home applications
- Two ports for analog phones or fax machines
- FRITZ!OS: with firewall, parental control, WLAN guest access, MyFRITZ, VPN etc.
- Mesh Comfort: for optimal connections in WLAN, telephony and smart home
- Various FRITZ!Repeater and FRITZ!Powerline products expand the home network for every need
- Power, heat, light: Smart sockets FRITZ!DECT 200/210, smart radiator controllers FRITZ!DECT 302/301, the LED lamp FRITZ!DECT 500 and the push button FRITZ!DECT 440 for smart living
- MyFRITZ!App, FRITZ!App WLAN, FRITZ!App Fon and FRITZ!App Smart Home add to the convenience
- Automatic updates
- 5 year manufacturer warranty
Price and availability
The FRITZ!Box 5590 Fiber from AVM will be available in stores from the beginning of May. Here, the manufacturer’s recommended retail price is 289.00 euros. In addition, there is the FRITZ!Box 5530 Fiber, which is currently priced at 189.00 euros.