Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 5: Powerful Wear OS smartwatch presented
The manufacturer has unveiled a new Wear OS smartwatch, the TicWatch Pro 5, to succeed the excellent Pro 3 Ultra (our review). The TicWatch Pro 5 is the first watch to feature the new Snapdragon W5+ Gen 1 wearable platform, which supports multiple sensors, more accurate health algorithms, and longer battery life. It also comes with exciting AI features on board.
TicWatch Pro 5: New Wear OS smartwatch coming
Powered by the new Snapdragon W5+ Gen 1, the TicWatch Pro 5 smartwatch aims to deliver superior performance. Compared to the Snapdragon 4100+ platform, the new variant is said to be more than 50 percent faster, deliver more than double the performance, while being over 30 percent smaller.
Mobvoi is particularly proud of the 628 mAh battery, which is supposed to enable a runtime of up to 65 hours or 80 hours in Essentials Mode. Among other things, this is made possible by the dual-layer display, which we already know from the Pro 3 Ultra.
The Ultra Low Power Display allows key readings to be displayed via selectable tiles by rotating the crown without turning on the watch. The improved Essential Mode introduces Smart Essential Mode, which automatically puts the watch into sleep mode when it does not detect motion, such as when sleeping or when the watch is not being worn.
In addition, the smartwatch charges quickly. 30 minutes on the mains is enough to recharge the watch to 65 percent.
New, more robust design
The main body of the TicWatch Pro 5 is extremely durable with aerospace-grade aluminum and a surgical-grade metal frame. The smartwatch is certified to military standard MIL-STD-810H and is water resistant to 5 ATM. The TicWatch Pro 5 supports underwater heart rate monitoring and GPS tracking. It can be worn in open water or rain without taking any damage.
Weighing in at 44.3 grams, the smartwatch comes in at 50.1 mm x 48.0 mm x 12.2 mm. 32 GB of system memory and 2 GB of working memory are available.
The 1.43-inch AMOLED display has a resolution of 466 x 466 pixels and 326 ppi. Accordingly, it combines a color AMOLED-always-on display with the energy-saving ultra-low-power display and is protected by Corning Gorilla Anti-fingerprint.
Bluetooth 5.2 and Wi-Fi in the 2.4 GHz frequency band are also on board. NFC is also part of the package and enables mobile payments via Google Pay. In terms of navigation, the smartwatch relies on GPS, Beidou, Glonass, Galileo and QZSS.
The operation is done, in addition to the touchscreen, with a rotating crown, similar to what we already know from the Apple Watch. Of course, all health and fitness modes are included, while the sensors can take a reading of five values simultaneously (heartbeat, blood oxygen, breathing rate, stress level and heart health).
The TicWatch Pro 5 makes use of Wear OS 3 as its operating system and is only compatible with Android devices.
Overview of important new features
- Snapdragon W5+ Gen 1 Wearable Platform: Provides an unparalleled premium user experience with higher processing power, faster connectivity and improved energy efficiency.
- Wear OS by Google: The TicWatch Pro 5 is powered by Wear OS by Google (Wear OS 3).
- Rotatable crown: Allows for a touch-free experience and a faster way to navigate and launch apps, adjust volume and zoom in/out on maps, perfect for wet hands or when users are wearing gloves.
- Advanced Ultra-Low Power Display (ULP Display).
- Tiles with rotating crown for navigation: The TicWatch Pro 5 introduces an innovative ULP display that constantly shows biological data and environmental information. This includes heart rate, blood oxygen, calories, compass and other important data that can be accessed by rotating the crown.
- In TicExercise, the ULP display features innovative heart rate zone backlighting and adjustable fitness metrics. Trail runners and night joggers can easily track their heart rate by simply glancing at the changing colors of the display, without interrupting their pace.
- Recovery Time and VO2 Max: VO2 Max calculates the maximum amount of oxygen you can use during exercise. The TicWatch Pro 5’s Recovery Time is based on Mobvoi’s AI-powered algorithms and assesses the user’s physical condition.
- Compass, Barometer and Multi-GNSS: Allows the user to plan the route more accurately and know it in real time to avoid getting lost in the wilderness.
TicWatch Pro 5: Price and Availability
The Wear OS smartwatch Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 5 is now available directly from the manufacturer, as well as on Amazon. The manufacturer’s recommended retail price is 359.99 euros.
Gehört zum Inventar