After HyperX introduced a new USB microphone and two gaming monitors in August, a new gaming headset now follows. Or rather, the new edition of an absolute classic. The HyperX Cloud Stinger 2 wants to score with a spatial 3D sound thanks to DTS Headphone:X Spatial Audio in addition to the usual high wearing comfort and fair price-performance ratio.
The HyperX Cloud Stinger 2 in detail
The HyperX Cloud Stinger 2 marks the latest addition to the manufacturer’s lineup of Stinger gaming headsets and aims to combine the usual high level of comfort with compelling sound.
“With the Cloud Stinger 2, we offer another high-quality headset packed with impressive features and comfort. It stays true to the quality and comfort of its predecessors – but now with DTS Headphone:X audio for an even better gaming experience,” reveals Bianca Walter, Business Manager at HyperX EMEA.
Responsible for sound are dynamic neodymium drivers with a diameter of 50 mm, which cover a frequency band of 10 Hz to 28,000 Hz at 32 Ohm impedance. The headset is primarily aimed at PC gamers, who benefit from 3D spatial sound via DTS Headphone:X Spatial Audio.
The flexible, bidirectional microphone also wants to convince sonically and is equipped with noise cancellation. It covers a frequency range of 100 Hz to 15,600 Hz and comes up with a sensitivity of -40.5 dBV (1 V/Pa at 1 kHz).
High wearing comfort with low weight
The HyperX Cloud Stinger 2 is connected via a classic 3.5 mm jack, which should also allow it to be used on current consoles without any problems. The headset itself is operated directly.
The Cloud Stinger 2 weighs only 275 grams and wants to score with a high wearing comfort. The ear pads can be rotated by 90 degrees, so that the headset can also be worn comfortably around the neck.
- Driver: dynamic, 50 mm with neodymium magnets
- Form Factor: over-ear, circumaural, closed back
- Frequency response: 10 Hz – 28 kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ω
- Sound pressure level: 97.5 dBSPL/mW at 1 kHz
- T.H.D.: ≤ 2%
- Frame type: plastic
- Ear cushion: memory foam and high quality leatherette
- Microphone: electret condenser microphone
- Directional pattern: bidirectional, noise cancelling
- Frequency response: 100 Hz – 15.6 kHz
- Sensitivity: -40.5 dBV (1 V/Pa at 1 kHz)
- Audio connector: 3.5 mm jack plug (4-pin CTIA)
- Integrated Virtual Surround Sound: DTS Headphone:X
- Audio controls: onboard audio controls
- Weight: 275 g
- Cable lengths and types: 2 m headset cable, 15 cm PC splitter cable
Price and Availability
The HyperX Cloud Stinger 2 gaming headset is available in stores now. The MSRP is 69.99 euros. For more information, visit the official product website.